As girls, we hear the phrase “with beauty comes pain.” This pain usually means physical pain but could also symbolize the annoyance and struggles girls face that come with being a girl. If you’re a girl, at least one of these things (if not more) has happened to you at least once before.
1. Trying to find a bobby pin for your hair.
Somehow these things always disappear even if you buy a thirty pack. Will we ever discover where they go or will it just always stay a mystery?
2. Having to actually get out of your bed to get ready.
3. Shaving every crevice on your entire body.
4. Getting your winged eyeliner perfectly proportioned.
5. You have a really hard time hiding when you have a crush on someone.
It feels like you’re constantly on the verge of bursting and accidentally shouting, “YOUR FACE IS THE BEST!! I REALLY LIKE YOUR FACE!!”
6. And, if you decide not to wear makeup, being told you look ‘tired.’
7. Wearing high heels, and pretending that it doesn’t hurt like HELL.
8. Burning your face with a curling iron/ straightener.
9. Constantly being asked when you’re going to get married / have kids.